lunes, 25 de enero de 2016

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician´s Nephew

There are resolutions to accomplish on 2016 and one of them is to re-read The Chronicles of Narnia series :D


Title: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician´s Nephew
Author: C. S. Lewis
Series/Trilogy: Yes
Pages: 221 


Synopsis 


When Digory and Polly are tricked by Digory's peculiar Uncle Andrew into becoming part of an experiment, they set off on the adventure of a lifetime. What happens to the children when they touch Uncle Andrew's magic rings is far beyond anything even the old magician could have imagined.

Hurtled into the Wood between the Worlds, the children soon find that they can enter many worlds through the mysterious pools there. In one world they encounter the evil Queen Jadis, who wreaks havoc in the streets of London when she is accidentally brought back with them. When they finally manage to pull her out of London, unintentionally taking along Uncle Andrew and a coachman with his horse, they find themselves in what will come to be known as the land of Narnia.

Personal Opinion


This is the second time I read this book, I had not had the oportunity (or I had not given me the opportunity xD) of re read this series, the truth is that I enjoyed this books when I was 14 years old, it was the first series I read.

Before I talk about my thoughts of the book, let´s take a moment to apreciate this beautiful cover, I see it and I can´t think in a better cover, the rings, the pools, the woods, the man, Aslan, all that represents perfectly what the book is, that is the reason I like too much this cover.

I didn´t remember much about the story, in general I don´t remember much about this series; if you ask me about the books I remember most, those would be The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; but now that I´m going to re read this series I will remember all again :)

It is necessary explain to you why I started the series with this book and not with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, well, for those who don´t know (yes, some people don´t know it) the books were published by an order but, these books have a chronological order and it is different to the original order, that order is:

  1. The Magician´s Nephew
  2. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
  3. The Horse and His Boy
  4. Prince Caspian
  5. The Voyage of The Dawn Treader
  6. The Silver Chair
  7. The Last Battle
The first time I read these books I did it in the order of publication, and it didn´t affect anything, I enjoyed the series, this time I pretend to read them in the chronological order, having said that we can go to my thoughts about this book.

I started this book at 5 pm and I finished at 10 pm, these are books you read so fast, and you don´t get bored. This is obviusly a story for childrens but it doesn´t mean that any person can´t enjoy the book in the same way a child does.

I liked too much the story because it is directly related with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and explain Narnia´s origin; it is not a super explanation but it is well done and because of that this is the first book in the chronological order.

When I was reading this book I had a smile on my face all the time, well, most of the time, because there are some parts that touch you. It should be noted the symbolism in this story, because it makes references to the Biblical story of creation made by God.

Concerning the characters, Digory and Polly are just like opposite poles, at least that was I felt. Digory is reckless and sometimes he does things without think about the consequences, and Polly is more careful, but both of them share a common characteristic, that is their child´s curiosity. I liked more Polly´s character and I hated uncle Andrew, he is selfish and ambitious.

The book left me thinking, sometimes problems don´t seem to have an end, but the solution is there and will come soon, but we have to be willing to have patience and to follow the way we have to go; I don´t know if it makes sense to you, I hope it does xD

Score

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sientete libre de comentar, tu opinión es importante para el blog, cualquier sugerencia o recomendación también es bienvenida!