viernes, 22 de enero de 2016

Gone Girl

Not everything in this life is happiness, Gillian Flynn and this book showed me that xD

Title: Gone Girl
Author: Gillian Flynn
Series/Trilogy: Yes
Pages: 422

Synopsis

 

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

Personal Opinion

 

When I started this book I really wanted to read it and I had high expectations because everyone said that this book was cool and had many plot twists, that you end up stunned, all good things, but what happened? I don´t know, the book is well written, it´s noted that the author put much effort writing this story; but I don´t know, I think I was hoping too much and that didn´t let me enjoy the book as much as I wanted.

The plot of the book really draws your attention, and yes, there were some parts that  surprised me, especially finishing the first part and starting the second one, what comes after that not too much, even so I continued reading hoping to read a totally different ending to what I found; I end up a little angry and with the feeling of having been ripped off, I don´t know, I didn´t like that ending, in fact, I don´t like that kind of endings (those who have read the book will understand and those who haven´t will understand when you read the book).

I still believe that Gillian  Flynn is a great author, because she had the way to made me think some things about the characters but changed those thoughts throughout the book, and I think that is something difficult to achieve, but she did it.

I don´t have favorite character, Margo (Go) maybe, because she´s always supporting Nick, and I liked that. I symphatized with Nick toward the end of the book, because in the beginning I didn´t hate it but I didn´t like his character, and when I started to find out things I started to symphatize with Nick.

I felt the book slow in some parts, because the book is divided in 3 parts and especially the first part is a little slow, it is toward the end of this part that the things begin to get interesting, you want to read to know what is happening.

I don´t know what else can I say xD I feel like I´m saying nothing, but it is because I don´t want to make any spoiler, but I can tell you that it is a good book but I was expecting too much and that made me not enjoy the story as much as I thought I would. It is an interesting book, I´ve never read anything like this, but again, I didn´t like the ending and I think I won´t get over it for a while.

Please don´t judgme, It is just my humble opinion, I know there are many people who loved this book but it was a little disappointing for me.

 WARNING!! You shouldn´t read this book if you´re under 17 years old, at least, I think xD

Score

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sientete libre de comentar, tu opinión es importante para el blog, cualquier sugerencia o recomendación también es bienvenida!