martes, 5 de enero de 2016

January 2016

Black Widow Forever Red - Margaret Stohl
  • But there were some parts of yourself you just couldn´t share, not even with your friend.
The Fire Sermon - Francesca Haig
  • By definition you can´t be nostalgic if you can´t remember anything - he said - I suppose amnesia has its advantages.
  • Just for a few minutes, let´s pretend we´re not fugitives. Let´s just be two people at a dance.
  • You´ve always imagined a world where twins don´t have to hate each other. An unsplit world, where we wouldn´t even need a place like the island. Maybe it´s cowardice. Or maybe it´s kind of courage.
  •  You choose who you are.
Struck by lightning - Chris Colfer
  • You don’t get to pick where you’re from, but you always have control of where you’re going.
  • High School. Society’s bright idea to put all their aggressive, naive youth into one environment to torment and emotionally scar each other for life.
  • What grinds me the most is we're sending kids out into the world who don't know how to balance a checkbook, don't know how to apply for a loan, don't even know how to properly fill out a job application, but because they know the quadratic formula we consider them prepared for the world.
  • Teenagers don’t want to write unless it’s 140 characters or less these days.
  • If I can’t get them to listen to me, what makes me think someday I can get the world to?
  • "It’s never too late to change your life, Mother” I said to her.
  • I think I hate showing vulnerability to myself more than I do to other people.
  • It’s such a gamble, and the stakes are so high. But no one ever got anywhere by sitting still, and I keep reminding myself of that.
  • It´s hard enough to see her everyday and not have her recognize me, but to be considered a stranged by the person you love the most in the world is different serving size of heartache.
  • I had been on cloud nine all day until that point. But the higher your cloud, the farther your rain falls.
  • “Maybe you should figure that out,” I said in the nicest way I could. “You’ve got to show the world who you are before it tells you, Justin. Otherwise you become victim to someone you’re not."
  • I guess there is no such thing as history; it´s all just a bunch of common perceptions.
  • It was one of those moments when you want to help, but don’t know how. You think of a million things to say but are afraid you aren’t the correct person to say them. I knew I was the last person on Earth who should say something to her, but screw ethics, I did anyway.
  • I don´t like it when people hide behind masks.
  • I remember wanting to laugh,  but I held it in. I guess even then thought laughing at someone´s dream was one of the cruelest things one person could do to another.
  • Young people and dreams are like baby turtles on the beach. The eggs hatch and they have to scramble to the water before the birds get them. We all have our sights set on water, but only a lucky few make it there unscathed. Life has a way of swooping in and picking off the forces and beliefs that motivate us.
  • I feel like I just put all my hopes and dreams into an envelope and sent it to a total stranger.
  • We are our own greatest fears...
  • I think the worst thing you can do to someone is idolize them or make them out to be anything else but human; then you´re only giving them room to disappoint you.
  • Ambition doesn’t grow on trees, girlfriend. You gotta grow dem leaves yo’self.
  • Never be a sidekick to your own life! 
  • A counselor told me once that it doesn´t matter if you are stuck in the past or trying forget the past; what matters is what you do with the present. So that´s why I try to soak it up as much as possible.
  • I guess I was so busy trying to get people to hear me, I never thought about listening.
  • Yes, unfortunately we live in a world where the pretty, the popular, and the wealthies sometimes prevail over the rest. And yes, sometimes people and circumstances get in the way of achieving your dreams and seeing your visions all the way through. And yes, If you hold an advantage over everyone else while you´re out there trying to get there (intelligence, creativity, or drive), people will always try to bring you down that much more.
  • even if these are just delusions occupying my time, thank God they are, because a life without meaning, without drive or focus, without dreams or goals, isn't life worth living.
  • Like having a great idea, life comes at you fast. It hits you and tries to escape and be expressed in any way possible. In a way, it's a lot like...lightning.
Glass Sword - Victoria Aveyard 
  • It´s not in our nature to be quiet around each other, but now we have nothing to say.
  • Strange, my enemies know me best, and my family doesn´t know me at all.
  • I have become more, more than we could ever have dreamed. It frightens me.
  • I´m safer than I´ve been in days, surrounded by the peope I love most, and yet I´ve never wanted to cry more. For them, I hold back. I curl inward and bleed alone, inside, where no one else can see.
  • We seem weak because we want to.
  • Red running through silver, joining into something darker.
  • I suppose I should get used to being alone too. Not in the world, but in here. In my heart.
  • But I can’t shake the feeling that, while they stand with me, there’s no one beside me. 
  • The money makes everyone desperate. Merchants want to get it, buyers want to keep it, and it blinds them all.
  • Some losses are impossible to forget.
  • Whatever wall I put up to keep the memories out is steadily crumbling into dust. But I can’t let it bury me. I can’t let the mistakes I’ve made bury me.
  • If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter.  
  • We can’t choose who we love. I wish, more than anything, that we could.

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

  • There’s something disturbing about recalling a warm memory and feeling utterly cold.
  • People love talking, and I have never been a huge talker. I carry on an inner monologue, but the words often don't reach my lips.
  • People say children from broken homes have it hard, but the children of charmed marriages have their own particular challenges.
  • I respect rules, because if you follow rules, things go smoothly, usually.
  • Our timing had never been good.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician´s Nephew - C. S. Lewis

  • Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before.
  • And Aslan was bigger and more beautiful and more brightly golden and more terrible than he had thought. He dared not look into the great eyes.
  • But length of days with an evil heart is only length of misery and already she begins to know it. All get what they want; they do not always like it.
  • When things go wrong, you'll find they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things once start going right they often go on getting better and better.

The Young Elites - Marie Lu

  • I look the same. I also look like a complete stranger.
  • They will cower at my feet, and I will make them bleed.
  • They were the best of friends as long as they did not know they were supposed to be enemies. The truth would do its damage soon enough.
  • To love is to be afraid. You are frightened, deathly terrified, that something will happen to those you love. Think of the possibilities. Does your heart clench with each thought? That, my friend, is love. And love enslaves us all, for you cannot have love without fear.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sientete libre de comentar, tu opinión es importante para el blog, cualquier sugerencia o recomendación también es bienvenida!