lunes, 4 de enero de 2016

Black Widow: Forever Red (English)

 First of all, I just want to say that this is my first review in English, so probably there will be mistakes, but I hope you understand, after all I´m just learning :D

The year has just started, but I´m so glad that I picked up a good book to start this year, after thinking and thinking I decided to read:


Now, some details about the book :

Title: Black Widow: Forever Red
Author: Margaret Stohl
Series/Trilogy: Yes
Pages: 401

Synopsis

 

 Enter the world of the Avengers’ iconic master spy…

Natasha Romanoff is one of the world’s most lethal assassins. Trained from a young age in the arts of death and deception, Natasha was given the title of Black Widow by Ivan Somodorov, her brutal teacher at the Red Room, Moscow’s infamous academy for operatives.

Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average.The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments—until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn’t really the big sister type.

Until now.

When children all over Eastern Europe begin to go missing, and rumors of smuggled Red Room tech light up the dark net, Natasha suspects her old teacher has returned—and that Ava Orlova might be the only one who can stop him. To defeat the madman who threatens their future, Natasha and Ava must unravel their pasts. Only then will they discover the truth about the dark-eyed boy with an hourglass tattoo who haunts Ava’s dreams…

Black Widow: Forever Red features all the heart-pounding adventure readers expect from Marvel, written by #1 New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl. Uncover a new side of the Marvel Universe that will thrill loyal fans and newcomers alike, as Stohl reveals the untold story of Black Widow for the very first time.

My Personal Opinion

 

 I´m not a big fan of cómics, I mean, I like them, but I´m not used to read them, also Black Widow is probably not my favorite Avenger´s character, but the cover of the book just caught my attention xD and I was thinking about which book would be the first that I would like read this year and I thought about it over and over again till I finally decided to read this book.

I didn´t know much about the book, just that it was about Black Widow, or at least that is what I thought, because I was wrong, and you should know it, mostly  if you are a big fan of Black Widow and want to read this book, you shouldn't expect that she will be the main character; and I say it because I´ve seen some people who didn´t like this because the title is "Black Widow" and we can see the POV of Natasha, but it is narrated mostly by this girl named Ava Orlova (she was rescued 8 years ago by Black Widow) and Alex Manor (literally Ava´s dreamed boy). We don´t see much about Natasha´s past and I think you should know it, because, at least in my case, I was kind of disappointed because when I picked up this book I was expecting to know more about Black Widow and it didn´t happen but still the book was great!

I was caught in the story at the very beginning, which starts with Ava being rescued, from there a lot of things happen, it is a very interesting book and keep you wanting to know why some things happen in the book. When I found out what was happening I wasn´t impressed but still it didn´t disappoint me.


Black Widow was a character that I didn´t know much about, but I like her, she´s just an incredible woman, dangerous, cold and sarcastic but who has suffered too much, her childhood wasn´t easy and because of that I think her nature is justified, regardless she´s a person with feelings and fears like anyone and I liked to see that.  I didn´t like Ava´s character too much but I didn´t hate her either. Concerning Alex, I found hard to believe his love for Ava, he had just met her a couple of days ago ._. but It didn´t bother me, because the romance was the least I cared. This 3 characters are connected in a weird way with each other even when it didn´t seem that way in the beginning.

I really enjoyed the book, it was fast paced, action packed and very intriguing; I just felt like I was reading a comic or watching a movie.

So, basically I finished the book yesterday and I don´t know what should I feel, I was happily reading, finding out things and then the ending came and even though I was expecting it I didn´t think it would happen, I was like: "no way! really??"; I don´t know if it was necessary to the story, it was an emotional ending.

Apparently this book is gonna be part of a trilogy or series, I don´t know yet but I´m planning to read the following books because I´m quite interested in learning more about Ava after the ending of this book.

I don´t know what else can I say, this is the first Maragaret´s book that I read and I applaud her the fact that I couldn´t stop reading, I wanted to know what was going to happen, I do recommend this book.

I was a little scared when I started the book because I wanted to enjoy it, because since the last year one of my thoughts is: There´s nothing better than starting the year with a book that you really enjoyed! and fortunately my first reading in this year was great!

  Score


Have you read the book? what were your thoughts? How are your readings going? let me know it in the coments below and if you want you can also recommend me a book. I will be glad to read your comments. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sientete libre de comentar, tu opinión es importante para el blog, cualquier sugerencia o recomendación también es bienvenida!